RE: IML: Help!! I locked myself out, how to open 1960 Imperial withoutth

RE: IML: Help!! I locked myself out, how to open 1960 Imperial withoutthe key?

Robert,
 A very good locksmith works with me, and this is what he said to do.

Rich W.

'66 Crown
'73 LeBaron
'75 LeBaron

Plan "A" do you have the original key codes on a round tag that came with
the keys. Have a set cut at a local locksmith.

Plan "B" Is there a vertical button. A tool like a slim jim could be used
between the door and glass to go under the button rod and pull up.

Plan "C" there is a small tool for opening Chryslers through the lock
cylinder. Approximately 6 inches long round steel like a straight part of a
coat hanger. On one end is a small bend. The bent length is about 3/4 of an
inch.  Inserting this with the bend down through the keyway will allow it to
come out the bottom of the cylinder in the rear. If you have a spare lock
cylinder you can test it in hand before you do it in the car. See hot it
exits the lock in the rear. Turning it once it is inserted will allow you to
rotate it to lift the lock cam or push it down which ever direction works.

Plan "D" Call your local professional locksmith and place a service call,
just let him know it is your baby and to be gentle.