Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 2:38 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Wire wheels

You can get new reproduction correct wire wheels from Coker Tire.  About $1k for a set of 4.  Yes, they are available in the correct 5 ½ on 5 bolt pattern.  I do plan on getting some for my ’66 Imperial ‘vert, but first I need to close on my new condo, so I will have to wait, but I now have the correct Triple Band White Walls thanks to Daniel LaPlaunt and his ’65 wanting correct ’65 tires!  Please be aware these are NOT Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels, as those were not available, but some other brand at the time.  This has been a topic on the OIC in the past, but I had a crash a couple months ago and lost my entire archive of Imperial stuff.

Can anyone state who the manufacturer was and why the Kelsey-Hayes have the reputation if they were in fact not used?

Thanks,

Wm. R. Ulman

Seattle, WA

'66 Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day

'95 Buick Roadmaster - Rock Hudson LT-1 350c.i.d. full framed rocket Sedan (catches rubber in second!)

twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx