IML: Survey Results

Hooray for the survey!

The majority has spoken. 1967 and '68 owners now have a name for their cars they can be proud of. And while I would have been just as happy with "Elegant Engels," I think "Newest Prestige Car in a Decade" says it very well indeed. I want to thank all of those who participated in the survey and Mark Elliott, Kenyon, and Jeff for making it happen.

I noticed a curious thing when looking at the results of this survey. 73 people voted, and out of that 73 there were a total of 13 votes for keeping Haze Green as the name. That means there were 60 votes for a name other than Haze Green. That's over 4 to 1 for a new name, and yet, when we were having this discussion a few weeks ago, we only heard from half a dozen people, most of them on the side of keeping the old name.

What this says to me is that there are an awful lot of people on the IML who feel fairly strongly about certain things, and yet WE NEVER HEAR FROM THEM. For whatever reason they do not speak up.

I have been told by friends of mine that they no longer participate in the IML in part because they are afraid of being attacked if they speak their mind. I hope we can all work together to change that feeling and make the IML a place where everyone feels welcome and everyone is made to feel that their contribution, no matter how small, is a valuable one.

So I want to encourage everyone on this list to participate-- as long as it's polite, positive, and constructive (and I can't say I've always been all 3 of those!). If you're an Imperial lover, this is YOUR CLUB. So don't be afraid to join in!

Mark McDonald