Re: IML:Fuel Problem on 1974 Imperial

for what its worth i have the exact same symptoms in my '74 Imperial; it takes 4 cranks with pumping to start whether it sits for 24 hours or 6 months.its annoying but I live with it..it starts so much better in the winter if you can call tampa having winter weather...I wonder if the bottom of the bowl on the thermoquad is cracked allowing the gas to leak out...
----- Original Message ----- From: "James K. Bramblett" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:27 PM
Subject: IML:Fuel Problem on 1974 Imperial

My 1974 Imperial has developed a fuel problem. When it sets over night, all the fuel siphons out of the
carburetor (thermo-quad) and the fuel filter. This is the third rebuilt carburetor, all have the same problem.
I have owned the car since 1994 and it ran perfectly until last spring. I had the carburetor rebuilt at that time
and have had this problem ever since. I put on a new fuel pump and filter with the 2nd commercially rebuilt
carburetor on. Three different shops have worked on the fuel system with no luck. If I drive the car regularly
after it first starts, the car runs perfectly. All the vacuum lines seem to be in the correct place. I am out of
ideas.

PLEASE HELP!

Jim Bramblett
708 Engleman Place