Re: IML: 1957 crown 4dr HT Headliner question

Re: IML: 1957 crown 4dr HT Headliner question

Jeff asked....
---

Has anyone replaced this type headliner and if so, was
it one piece sewn together or was it two separate
pieces of cloth for the section in front of the chrome
and once in back of the chrome?

---

I replaced mine on my 4-door hardtop many, many years ago (I was a smoker in those days and an ash from a cigarette blew back into the headliner and started a slow-burning [thank goodness] fire that ruined it). The one I took out was in excellent condition (the car was just 14 years old then) and it was all one piece from front to rear. I had an upholstery shop make a new one using Ford Galaxy fabric. It was darker in color and looked fabulous!

Now, my 2-door hardtop 57 Imperial appeared to have two shades of blue on it's headliner. There was a definite difference between the material in front of the chrome strip and behind it (the back was a darker).

This may not help but it's what I had on two completely original cars.

Ken Miller
Former owner of two 57s and a 64 LeBaron
Current owner of 61 and 67 Converts.