Re: IML: Spun Bearing - in block cure

Well, as a matter of fact, I do have several cranks
lying around BUT I think that the crank has material
on it and that it can be polished off.  Will be trying
that first.

My goal is to be as cheap as possible because I'm
tight on money, the engine is really low miles and I'm
feeling lazy.  Yes, I know what "right" is, but will
try to get away with it.

I'll phone in from the farthest spot possible when it
decides to break, but I'm into a quick clean-up,
replace, and reinstall.  Always wanted to drive a '62,
and this is my chance.  I'll get the engine looking
ultra clean in the process, so that's a bonus.

-Kenyon

--- GeoNort@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Kenyon,
> If the crank is not scored you can try the cheep way
> out by polishing the
> crank. If its scored at all it should be turned by a
> machine shop, measured for
> oversized bearings & put back together. the other
> option is another crank if
> you have a spare laying around. I would wonder why
> it broke a connecting rod
> bolt & spun the bearing in the first place.
>
> George

Kenyon Wills