Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 8:07 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: convertible top motor

my 54 windsor convertible was sitting for 25 years. i have removed and
cleaned the power top motor. . i cannot get it to work. the commutator
area was wet from brake fluid leaking out and i cleaned all that up,
however the commutator is black where the brushes sit on it and i think
this is preventing electrical contact. the question i have for anyone
familiar with these is should i considerr this a normal condition or
should this be cleaned and what is the proper way to clean the
commutator? also  there is an O ring between the reservoir and pump.
where can O rings be purchased?  thanks,  dennis     53 imperial,  54
windsor convertible.

---

---