IML: 1973 Imperial Hood Removal

I need to swap out the passenger side fender of my 73 Imperial LeBaron, so I intend on removing the hood AND the hinges where the hinges bolt to the fender [and therefore keeping the hinges bolted to the hood].  I am hoping this will keep things easier when re-assembling and aligning up the hood within the fenders.  Am I on track with my thinking on this?

Anyone have any other suggestions and/or comments?

Dave Hall

1973 Imperial LeBaron

“The Sleeping Giant”