RE: IML: Autotemp II Mercedes Crossover

Re: Jøran "slayer" Vordal

The servo, and most of the components under the hood/bonnet are identical between the '67 & '68 Imperials and the W116 Bodied Mercedes from the 70's (450 SE, SEL, 6.9).  I found all this out a couple of years ago when the a/c in both my '67 Imperial Convertible and my '77 Mercedes 6.9 (450SEL 6.9 ltr engine) needed repair at the same time.  I believe that I bought two of each; compressor, dryer, expansion valve, and servo.  The 6.9L and 4.5L engines use identical components for the a/c, but I'm not sure about the "lesser" Mercedes lineup.  In the 80's, Mercedes went another route with their a/c systems, so none of those models will be of any help to you.  It was a HUGE relief to be able to buy parts for my classic Mercedes at a great discount over "Mercedes" prices...and get them at the NAPA store!  Greg

Original Message: "Do you know wich Mercedes model used/using this aluminium servo? Since I
live in Europe, it's a good chance for me to find a used one I hope. After all, the Mercedes is a very popular car here in Norway. You'll find one in "every" streetcorner. It's (i'm afraid) one of the most sold cars over here."