Re: IML: Hemmings & Imperial

Tim,

Actually I believe you have a '57 Imperial Crown. A "Crown Imperial" is a
limousine, only 35 of which were made in Italy in 1957 (a total of 132 made
through 1965) by Ghia.

Chrysler Corp did a great job of making the Imperial model line a confusing
one... I've often wondered how a Crown Imperial gets titled, since its make
is Imperial (not Chrysler) and its model is "Crown Imperial" (not "Crown" as
your car, and mine, are). Is the limo then an Imperial Crown Imperial?

The Hemmings cover story for the July 2005 issue was a '60-63 Imperial
Buyer's Guide, and it featured our own Henry Hopkins' lovely Dusk Mauve '60
Imperial Crown convertible. I think it's been discussed at length on the
list recently, so perhaps a check of the archives on the IML website will
fill in any further info you need.

It's also on the Hemmings website:
https://www.hemmings.com:443/index.cfm/fuseaction/articles.editorial/article
_id/889