Re: IML: 'home brew radiator shop

If anybody needs a good home use radiator cleaner, I just created my own home brew. Before I recommend this let me first make it clear that YOU MUST REMOVE THE RADIATOR !  because I dont know how these chemicals will affect the engine gaskets, now for the formula I cut a couple 4 inch sections from some old radiator hoses and used two rubber freeze plugs to plug the ends then installed them on the radiator, then poured in one bottle of ZEREX radiator cleaner not the flush but the cleaner,I got it at ADVANCE then filled it most of the way with water and poured in a bottle of RED DEVIL LYE then filled it the rest of the way with water. I let it soak 24 hours and hosed it out  today, the flues look completely clean ! So I then drilled out the center of one of the freeze plugs and installed one of those metal valve stems so I can pump air pressure in. to check for leaks. Use a spray bottle with soapy water..  Dont pump more pressure than it takes to defeat the spring in the cap, if you pump to much pressure the radiator will pop like a balloon.