IML: Zymol

I have used Zymol, as well. They have an elaborate website where they explain the benefits of their product. http://www.zymol.com/ As I recall, they claim to use the highest percentage of yellow or white carnuba wax, the hardest wax known to man, of any wax manufacturer. The yellow is in the lesser expensive Zymol products, the white in the more expensive. They give % figures of carnuba content for each of their product, or at least used to on their website. I haven't explored the site for a while. The other major benefit is that they advertise a fully natural oils and wax product, not using any petroleum products in their waxes which can eat into the surface layer of the paint. The drawback is the high price and limited retailers.

The exception to all of this is the previously mentioned light blue bottle of liquid wax/cleaner. This is infact a hybrid between Turtle Wax, which bought a stake of Zymol as I understand it, and Zymol. I believe it does not live up to the qualities that Zymol has built a name on, especially since it is a combo wax/cleaner, though it may retain the petroleum free content, or may not. I haven't investigated it to that degree.

Someone was mentioning that after the 1st bath and drying, the Zymol'ed auto looks it's best. Wax will swell up when water touches it and perhaps it is this process that evens out the translucent quality of the waxed paint. As for the value of it, one has to study and evaluate on their own accord. I've used it and it seems to work well, but so do other brands. I've been using Mothers recently and I don't know if there is much difference. Has anyone been able to compare carnuba content between wax manufacturers? Do all the other brands contain petroleum products that can harm paint? I know that Zymol has a wonderful coconut fragrance while Mother's has a distinct Coca Cola aroma. By the time I'm done waxing, I'm usually hungry, so go figure.

Eric
Portland, Oregon
I have used the Zymol wax, and never seen the advantage. I always felt =
it
was over priced, and over rated. Believe it or not Amway makes a good =
car
wax. It's about =BD the price of Zymol, and I like the way it goes on =
and the
shire is super. You must buy it from an Amway dealer. The cost is about
$14.00.

Subject: Re: IML: Paint/Wax 57 Imperial

For my cars and the conditions in my area Zymol wax works best.  I was =
told
by a restoration shop several years ago not to buy the Zymol liquid =
product
found in stores.  It is/was a result of an agreement made between Zymol =
and
Turtle Wax.  In other words it was not really Zymol.  I think I =
remember it
being in a bottle instead of a bowl.

I buy my Zymol from Emmons Coachworks Ltd. (www.emmonscoachworks.com
<http://www.emmonscoachworks.com> ).  Their prices are as cheap as =
anyone
and they will give you step by step instructions.

You will find Zymol sells a wide price range of products.  Their basic =
wax
(Zymol Carbon for dark cars and Zymol Cream for light cars) is better =
than
the best of any other brands.  They have a pre wax product which I =
believe
is call "HP Cleaner", worth every penny!  It makes all the difference =
in the
world in how your job turns out.  I use it every time I wax my car. If =
your
car's finish is in bad shape you will need something stronger the first =
time
like a 3M which will cut better.  I then follow it with the two Zymol
products I just mentioned.

You should get a manual with your purchase and I think it reminds you =
store your wax in the frig when not using.  I was by a Zymol rep this =
is
important.

Hope this helps.