RE: IML: Imperial carpet(ing?)

Yes, we've been gone quite a bit the last couple of months (graduations,
grandkid and family visits, vacations etc).

And yes, I have ordered from ACC many times over the years, and have been
generally pleased with their products.  I have to caution you though that
the quality is not the equal of the originals.  I am not aware of any that
are, however.  The ACC carpets are molded using the OEM floor templates, so
they fit well.  Usually some trimming of the edges is required, as they are
an inch or so wider than needed, just to be sure they will cover the whole
floor from sillplate to sillplate.  Generally, the colors are very close or
"right on" compared to the original, but the density of the face of the
carpet is not as high as the original, at least for the cut pile type.  The
ACC carpets come with jute padding already installed and the correct holes
and inserts for heel pads etc.  However, if you have a search tune radio,
you will have to add the hole for the floor control button.  You will get a
spare grommet for it.  We had one person say that he thought the jute
padding was not as thick as the original, however the ones I bought all
seemed right in that respect.

An upholsterer would have to cut and piece together a carpet from flat stock
to fit your car, the result would have seams instead of the "molded to fit"
look of the original (and the ACC carpets).

Yes, ACC is the supplier to most (if not all?) the auto carpet resellers
including J.C.Whitney and others.

I cannot help you as to whether cut pile or loop pile is correct for your
car.  For my 67 Convertible, the cut pile was the correct choice.  The $131
price you quote is about right for "600 series" (the cheapest) loop pile
carpet, but if it is for cut pile for both the front and rear, I think
something isn't right here, it's about $100 low!

If you tell me which type of carpet you want, and the color, I'll see what I
can get it for.  Also, tell me where you are located so I can guess at
shipping cost.

Chances are, you will do better (price and time wise) by buying direct from
J.C.Whitney, but you have to be sure you are getting the J.C.Whitney
"premium" cut pile product if you want the nicer stuff which is made for
them by ACC.

Dick Benjamin (whose wife of 49 years appreciates Rob's kind remark!)