Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: IMP: 60-63 interior door handle breakage fix ?

I haven't ever broken one of those handles. Once, a passenger in the back
seat "yanked" on the handle without unlocking the door and broke it. They
certainly are weak, but I don't think that they flex, unless you pull on it
way too hard. Usually then, it will break immediately, or if not, then the
next time it is used.

This is but one weak and hard to find part for these cars. The '61
through'63 turn signal lever is susceptible to breakage by hitting it with
a knee upon entering the car. The horn ring for same is easily broken
during a "vengeful honking episode".

I think that filling the hollow portion of the interior door handles would
be a good way to strengthen them, if the compound will flow down through
the stem of the part. Let's put our heads together and figure out a way to
preserve these other two fragile pieces as well. Unfortunately, once any
of these is broken, they can't really be fixed.

Paul W.

In an email dated 6/7/2005 2:20:20 pm GMT Daylight time,