IML: Fuel problems continue on my 66 Imp

IML: Fuel problems continue on my 66 Imp

I'm coming in late here so I hope I'm not covering old territory.  I've only
been skimming email lately since there's been big stuff going on here at
home.

My wife gave birth to a lovely daughter on Father's Day.  6 lb 13 oz.  My
sleep schedule and free time have changed dramatically.

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of good things have been checked on this 66 but
I didn't see anything about the fuel pump pushrod.  Those can be removed and
checked and some do wear down at the cam end.  This is a HUGE problem on the
61-63 Lincolns (with their upside down oriented, top of the timing cover
mounted pumps) and it'll leave you stranded.  Insufficient stroke =
insufficient flow/pressure.

Check it out!

Also, I trust remanufactured carbs about as far as I can throw them.  If the
condition develops only under load the enrichment rod plungers may be
sticking.  This is an AFB, right?

Pete in PA