IML: Need source for leather, '60 steering column adjustment.

IML: Need source for leather, '60 steering column adjustment.

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a source for leather.  I bought from SMS for my '60 Crown and was only about 85% happy with the results, at least on the first go around.  They did better the second time.  Anyway, I need a heavy painted leather for my 1952 Pontiac Catalina and don't want to use SMS again, they were also extremely expensive.

The steering column in my Crown is about an inch too far into the passenger compartment.  The body has been off the frame but I don't think the body is mislocated.  The steering shaft rides in a bearing at the top of the tube cover so I think the shaft and tube cover are in correct relation.  The wheel is bolted down correctly also.  The tube looks to be all the way down on the gearbox.  Is there some adjustment at the frame?  If there is, it is not immediately obvious.  The restoration shop sent the car back with the wheel about 3/4" in front of the dash housing.  There is a flange on the wheel that should extend into that housing and right now you can see about a 1/4" of the shaft.  Any suggestions?

Richard Burgess

1960 Crown sedan
1960 LeBaron sedan
1952 Pontiac Catalina