Re: IML: '69 emissions

In a message dated 6/17/2005 8:42:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, jsadowski@xxxxxxx writes:
tried leaning it out & went back to test again. This time, it failed 2 of
the 4 tests. The CO under load went up from 3.77 to 4.06 but at idle, it
dropped from 1.07 to .22. The HC idle test that it previously passed at 246
now went up to 645 & failed.
   I took one of the plugs out to have a look & it was clean. I installed
them at the time I replaced the fuel pump. With the original Holley on the
car, it coughed & smoked & ran really rough. I kind of expected the plugs to
look bad after all of that.
John
make sure you have a fresh air filter, and check your timing advance to make sure it's getting advance to specs. if not you'll get incomplete combustion under load. charlie 38 cp