Re: IML: Black smoke out exhaust

A stuck float usually happens after you run the car at W.O.T. for the first time in ages or with old gas. It may be possible to release it by gently tapping on the side of the carb with a small hammer or tool handle.

If a float has sunk, it must be replaced. If this has happened it should probably be rebuilt.

Paul W.