IML: General restoration questions on a 68 Convertable

IML: General restoration questions on a 68 Convertable

I would like some general info and suggestions. I just bought my Imp and want to keep her looking nice. So I have the following questions:

1. Suggestions on what to put in the dash to keep it from cracking and curling. Right now there are a few hairline cracks you can see if the light is just right but mostly shee looks good. But it feels dry and does have on inch long or so crack at the corner of a speaker? cover. Any good products to preserve it ?
2. The brass needs polished. Any suggestions on products or techniqes? Also there are two pieces missing. Any sources for sheet material from which to make replacements would be appreciated.
3. I didn't see a good reference in the library on the auto pilot. Mine is not working but what really bothers me is it seems to be interacting with the speedometer. If I don't have the auto pilot speed dial set to about the speed I am going, the speedometer needle swings back and forth by about 35 mph rather than setting in on a speed. If I do move the auto pilot dial to about what I am going then the speedometer needle settles right down and sits steady. Any hints or suggestions on the problem and the fix please.

Thanks,

Ron

--
"Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under
any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable