IML: 60-63 and other years? door check straps

IML: 60-63 and other years? door check straps

Recently I did some ebay business with a very nice fellow in Sweden, Carl Gunnar Johansson. In the course of the transaction, he mentioned that in his restoration and repairs of his 63 Imperials he has made duplicate door check straps.

I think I have only seen one or two Imperials of that vintage that had un broken straps, so I was immediately intrigued at the idea of not having my doors hit the fenders and chrome strips on my car when the doors inevitably are opened too far. Being that the chrome strips on the car are just about to the unobtanium state of price and availability, I inquired if Carl had the straps yet.

Much to my delight, I received two brand new straps, and they look fantastic. They are very high in quality as far as the layout and fabrication goes, I see the same quality in much of the aircraft parts I deal with.

Carl gave me permission to post this information to the list, he has not joined the list as of yet but he indicates he is going to. If you are reading this and you are interested in getting them he said to email him directly. ( I told him I did not want to be the middleman, have no financial stake in this and basically dont have the time to forward messages to and from him because I am busy enough already )

So, if you are interested in the door check straps, contact Carl - Gunnar Johansson at :
cg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone , I hope this wasnt too much astray as far as using the list as advertising or promoting a product. You impcops may come over and attempt taking me into custody if you wish....bring your lunches :)

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe