IML: Road Trip

Well The Black Bitc_!! had her first road trip this weekend, Vancouver
to Prince George and back, 1113 miles according to the trip odometer.
Gas mileage worked out to an average of just under 18 MPG with a best
tank full at 19.2, those are our jumbo size Canadian gallons of course,
not bad for 5000 pounds and 392 CID.
Only found a few minor problems like, I had leaned out the metering rods
too much so every once in a while she would start missing on a light to
moderate pull. Pulled the spark plugs out when I got home and the
insulators are bone white so I guess I over did it when I leaned her out
for AirCare.
One large question, what do Hemis do with all the oil. She used a quart
every 300 miles, leaks a little, but not that much, and no blue smoke
according to a fellow enthusiast who followed me for 100 miles. Any
ideas.

Ernie and The Black Bitc_!!