IML: Forwarded Message From a Non IML Member

IML: Forwarded Message From a Non IML Member

Hi All, The following message was sent to the Webmonsters in search of help in the selling of a '74 Imperial. Please reply back to Woody if you have an interest either at the phone # he included at the bottom or to his email, Printexpediters@xxxxxxx

Thanks.
Eric
-Imperialclub Web Team
Hi guys

Midway through restoring my '74 Imperial LeBaron I suffered a broken back in an auto accident. The engine had been rebuilt, sparing no expense to get it right. The trany is perfect. New rear leaf springs and t-rods. Rear-end checked out. Trim parts, hood and trunk ornaments, replacement lenses, etc. collected from multiple states. New rotors, in the box and ready to install. New power window gears, switches and more, waiting for the upholstery refinisher. No fluid leaks anywhere. Sitting in my driveway with collector plates and new tires for almost seven years has taken it's toll, and even though I start and run it occasionally to keep things from deteriorating, the carb and brake booster seals have failed.

I was going to do the body work myself before having it professionally repainted, but real life is what happens while we're making other plans. I'm not an expert, but it no longer looks like a candidate for restoration. Even if I recover my health, I don't think I'd continue this project.

I'm in a classic fight with the insurance company. I'm having to pay for my own medical care, and the drain on my finances and career has finally driven me to bankruptcy and the loss of my home. I know it sounds too cliche'. but I'm having to sell anything and everything I still own trying to raise the money for another spinal surgery.

I don't know if there's a market for the car or it's parts, and dealing with doctors and lawyers doesn't leave me much energy to wheel and deal, but I hate the thought of seeing usable stuff hauled off as junk. If you know of anyone who might be interested in saving the good parts, please let me know. Even if I don't see any money out of it, I'd rather give it to someone who could make use of it than put it in the trash.

The car's in Denver, and I'm in no shape to do much more than hand someone the title and keys. My house has been foreclosed and I'll need to be out sometime in June, so unfortunately there isn't much time. I wish things were different, but we've all got to deal with things the way they are, not the way they're supposed to be.

Woody Hanna
303-871-9277