To: <iml-webmonsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <andyto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:25 AM
Subject: Re: IML: IML-Webmonsters: Imperial Die Cast Model

--- andyto wrote:
Hi,
First of all, let me introduce myself.
My name is Andy To, working with O.K. Toys, Inc.

We are the Exclusive Distributor for the Signature
Model Die Cast Model Car in the States,
which happen to make the 1955 Chrysler Imperial for
die cast car.

During the last weekend, I was searching the
internet for some Imperial color,
because we are thinking to do some Limited color on
the Die Cast model.
Then, I found you guys, the Imperial Club.

Here is my questions:

1. Do you have any suggestion for the Imperial's
color?
    ( we had made 3 different color so far: Black,
Canyon-Tan, Ivory )

2. Does your club have any interest of selling the
Imperial diecast model car?
    Here is the link for your company,
http://www.oktoys.com/productdetl.asp?pid=437
    ( our own picture is not that nice, but here are
some pictures from our customers )
    -

http://www.fairfieldmint.com/inventory/55_imperial_3k/
- http://www.idcow.com/sg2004.html

Should you have any questions, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Andy To
O.K. Toys, Inc.

=========== =========== ===========

Hi Andy.

Thank you for contacting imperialclub.com

I'm not the only one here (we are a group of
volunteers running imperialclub.com), but would like
to voice my thoughts.  Others may write seperately.

First of all - your car shows up almost daily when I
look on ebay under "Chrysler Imperial", and it's
really nice to see them so frequently.  Thanks for
putting it out!  It looks like a super item.

There was an announcement by one of our members today that someone (you? I didn't read closely enough) was planning on doing a 1959 or 1960 model soon. That got many of us quite excited, and I encourage you to look at doing other Imperial models if the 1955 has been a success - I don't think that any of your competitors have done much in this area (are there any 1957-1968 imperial models on the market? Each year's car was markedly different from the others, so worth a look?), and there are quite a few people that are feverish about the 1956-68 cars (and other years too) who don't have a really nice model already. Are there enough fans to support the cost of other year models? I don't know, but put me down for a 60 and a 61 if you do them, and I'll have lots to say about colors/body styles on those (do the '60 LeBaron, do the '60 LeBaron!!).

Meanwhile, I think that you'd get a much better answer
from our club.  We have 600+ people on the mailing
list (I bcc'd them on this message), and we have the
ability to put a questionnaire together on the club
website with easy-to-veiw results.  Seems to me that
opinions are one thing that we aren't short of, so if
you want some from people that really go nutty about
their Imperial cars, well, you need look no farther
than us.

You could leave it open, choose 3-4 combos to throw in
front of us, do illustrations or whatever, and have a
vote via our website.  It would certainly generate
some positive energy, make people feel included, and
create some buzz around your next offering amongst the
folks that own the real deal.  We'd love to make
announcements to the club about your decisions, too!

I'd have to ask the person that creates such
questionnaires, but he's been a real good sport about
that sort of thing in the past, so can see it
happening for you too....You could also take votes on
other years to gauge interest on an ongoing basis?  I
am thinking out loud here - and want you to know that
we'd be thrilled to participate in any way that would
help you out.

To see what I'm talking about, check this example out,
and click through to see the other survey results:

http://imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/oic-survey.htm

=====

Lastly, did you see the model Imperial page that one of our members put together? It is a graphical representation of all models that we've been able to locate images of (it is a work in progress). Hover over each year to see what has already been done, click on a year to see the models:

http://imperialclub.com/Rare/Scale/index.html

Hope that this message offers some positive directions to consider taking.

How can we help you?  Please let us know at email
address: iml-webmonsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kenyon Wills imperialclub.com Webmonsters Volunteer Group