IML: Radio Interchangeability

Someone asked the other day about upgrading to a Chrysler radio with a
CD.  Another thing to watch for is the mounting ears, some are diagonally
on top and bottom, others on the ends of the front escutcheon.  The
Infinity CD in my 93 Grand Cherokee fits in my 93 Imperial, but I noticed
a couple of e-Bay bargains that work perfectly and are dimensionally and
connector wise the same, will not fit because of side mounting ears.
They are from late 90's Chryslers.  By the way, I don't bother repairing
these things anymore, Chrysler is like the CIA in releasing schematics
and documentation.  For all the bother, it's cheaper to take your chances
with e-Bay.
Ken   k9kws