Re: IML: I need help too! Leaky steering

Re: IML: I need help too! Leaky steering

Are you sure that you need to replace the unit? Usually when these leak, it is because the lower shaft (pitman arm?) seal has failed. This seal is easy to change and can be done while the unit is installed on the car.

I am not sure about availability now, but I replaced mine about 10 years ago. At that time I was able to get the seal from my local parts store for about $7.50. My front end shop installed it and rotated my tires for $35.00.

Paul W.