Re: IML: Flashy 1960 LeBarons

Does my thought about the Sedan looking good in different colors than the Southampton have any merit?

I think that the first time I realized this was when I saw a small picture of a white '60 LeBaron in the 70 Years of Chrysler book. That was when it occured to me that Sedans could be light colors to look flashy, while Southamptons pulled it off better with dark colors.

The subject of flashy LeBarons is controversial anyway. Southamptons have the built-in flash of the "hardtop" body style. The Sedans seem to benefit greatly from the use of specific color. The Regal Red LeBaron Sedan I saw years ago did not look as good as the Regal Red Southampton in the Sporting Blood advertisement. I have never seen a Regal Red LeBaron Southampton in real life, but I do think that it would be fantastic.

An Alaskan White Southampton can look nearly bland (how's that for a contradiction, a bland '60 Imperial LeBaron Southampton) while an Alaskan White Lebaron Sedan can look absolutely stunning.

I had considered Metallic Maroon for my LeBaron Sedan at one time. Even though it is a dark color, it wouldn't look bad with the Brown and Powdered Bronze interior. I don't know if there was an original Dark Maroon, but I remember seeing a Crown Sedan in that color once. It had a Silvercrest Landau Roof treatment. That color really set off the stainless steel on the roof inserts and the extruded aluminium window frames in HIGH style.

I also remember a Maroon Crown Two Door Southampton with a white leather interior that was georgeous, and only about two years old. I was late home for dinner that night because, at the age of 9 years old, I couldn't stop looking at that car until the sun went down and it was dark outside.

Paul W.