From: Marty
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:11 AM
Subject: IML: mystery paint color, please help if you can

Hi All,
        Here is my dilemma, I had always thought my car color for my 59 Imperial was "copper spice". The person I bought it from (second owner) thought that was the color name. After looking at color samples of copper spice I wonderer why it did not look like the color of my car. Copper spice had an orangey brown color to it, when my car looks like a shiny penny. After receiving my factory specs letter from Chrysler historical foundation, I found that the color was "Fiesta copper" which I thought explained the mystery, but now I find no such color is to be found (no listing from 1959 to 1963). Was this a special order color that were so few that it never got documented? Can anyone shed any light on this? I do believe that the car was custom ordered by an Imperial salesman that worked at a dealer in Philadelphia (first owner). Please, if anyone could help, my only recourse is to get the inside truck lid scanned by a paint shop, but I would prefer the original paint #. Thanks to the few that replied the last time I posted this. Painting will start as soon as I can get the correct color.

Marty Trendler
Red Bluff, Ca.
1959 Imperial LaBaron 4 Door Sedan