IML: 57-58-59 Rear Bumpers

My 58 has the "cheaper" bumpers. I belive it was built late in the model run. I speculate that the 57 and the 58 bumpers are the same, only the ribbed insert has not been attached. Sales were demonstrably poor in 58 and, with the redesign for 59 being prepared, they simply deleted the inserts for cost. It has been suggessted that the 59 rear bumper is maybe the best ever rear bumper put on an Imperial. I must say, that though I don't much care for the changes that were made in the front, lowered headlights and "grille inserts. that I agree the rear bumper is exquisite.

Hugh