Re: IML: The 1959 Selling Season

That is really cool. ESPECIALLY THE SEAT-O-RAMA!

What seems sad is that they were still touting the news paper headlines saying that "Imperial was out to Replace Cadillac" while Imperial sales for the 1959 model year remained dismal, as did every year until 1964.

Being in sales myself, I wonder what members of the company sales force were saying amongst themselves when this corporate communication was released. It would seem that based on 1958 figures, they couldn't have been much more than cautiously optimistic.

The product was great, but if it didn't sell, they couldn't feed their families.

Paul W.