Re: IML: 62 Imperial Freeze Plugs

Anything is possible, but I don't think that your car came with brass freeze plugs originally. They have probably been replaced. I have several original 413 engines. I think that all of them have the original freeze plugs. My '62 has a couple that need to be replaced. They look like they are made out of steel to me. I am pretty sure that they are not brass. The replacements that I have seen were not brass either. Some of them were the rubber expanding type, and others appeared to be steel.

Paul W.