IML: buying a 73 Imperial: what to look for?

IML: buying a 73 Imperial: what to look for?

Dear Imperial-lovers,

Let me fist start with a short introduction. I am Jacques from Holland, and a big fan of full sized Mopars.  I currently drive a solid  '67 Newport Custom Coupe (see <http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/408100>). I am very happy wth this car, but actually, I want something bigger and more luxurious.

Now, I have an opportunity to possibly trade my current car for a '73 Imperial Le Baron which looks quite good a first glance.

It has a rebuilt transmission and a rebuilt '69 440-engine in it, it runs and shifts very well.

Are there any specific weak point or known troubles with these cars that I should specifically watch out for? My main concern is all the electrics on the car, what are the known indications that something might go wrong on short term?

I would appreciate all your comments and advice.

Thank you very much in advance for your replies.

Best regards,

Jacques.