Re: IML: Brake Drum Spring

I dont know of anyone that has them new, but I think I have seen them on both ford and chebby vehicles before atleast early 60's models . try searching your local bone yards never know what you might find that will be a suitable replacement. also

I was watching the DIY channel and there was some show on restoring an old car , they were replacing the brake lines with new ones and they were bending them from straight tubing , to get the spring like sheilding for the brake lines they recomended going to a local hardware store and pickup the long spring thats used for doors, im thinking that with a little effort you might make a new set using the "house" screen door springs and a welder to join the two ends together,
I have not done this yet, but you may try it, just take one of the old springs with you to compare the strenght and size,

hope this helps

Elijah Scott <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Folks,

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the spring
that fits around the outside of the brake drum?
Neither of the brake drums on my '71 Imperial have the
spring, and I'm getting a little tired of the
occasional noise from the drums.

Thanks,

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/