Re: IML: 55 versus 56 Imp tail lights

Well. that muddies the water some. Years ago I bought a whole box of chrome trim at the Charlotte show because the price was ridiculously low The vendor said it was '55 trim, and I believed him. Recently I looked carefully at the stuff, and realized it was 56 IMP trim, not 55. Except for the tail light, which apparently is a 55.

At least I know the two years are not the same, always assumed they were as it has been 25 years since I owned a '56.

The tail light assembly (still Imperial related, OK?)) has sat on top of my bureau for years. Have always meant to hook it up as a night light, but spouse objects to a red night light.
I can't see the problem-----
                                                                               TED