RE: IML: 80-83 imperial question.

kentucky, Im trying to get a few pictures of the 2 imperials and post them to the iml site for historical reasons

Rob P <fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Where are you located? The last thing I need is another one, but....
doesn't mean I wouldn't want a peek. 81-83 are basically indistinguishable.
There were some very minor trim differences (chrome around headlights,
more detached pillows on the seats) and I believe the radio options changed,
but otherwise everything should be the same. I don't think you'd have to
sell a clean trans am to get one. They generally don't have the greatest
resale value. I have seen several for under $1000. A nice one won't set
you back more than $2,500- 3,000.

The main thing to look for is to see if it has been converted from efi. If
it hasn't how well does it run? If it has, was it a factory job or a
backyard hack job? Be somewhat leery of any non-factory conversion, but I
have had one for five years with a 360 4bbl and 727 trans and it has no
issues with the conversion other than a LOUD fuel pump and a fuel gauge that
reads full for half a tank and then drops twice as fast as it speeds toward
empty.

Rob