IML: Gas Scare

Hello All,
I admit to not following this thread. The reason is that I have heard it all before. In both 1974 and 1979 this same argument was put forth about "the gas guzzling American cars". The simple fact is that to wildly stampede towards alternative and high mileage cars is to play into the hands of the politicians. There is nothing politicos love more than a crisis. To them crisis means an opportunity to take away freedom and give them more power. Now we all know what they think of our gas guzzling dinasaurs. So why jump on a non existent band wagon and give them the ammo to ban or worse confiscate our beloved Imperials? Just drive them and thumb your noses at the scare mongers. ( I apologize ahead of time for the non Imperial generalizations. This recycled manufactured crisis is just getting old)

                                                             Allan from Billings, Montana