Re: IML: A Nice Surprise Today

People will surprise you...While gassing up my 60 last summer I had a somewhat eccentric looking elderly woman walk up to the car , sort of squint at it then tell me more than ask me "That's a 60 isn't it?"  I didn't insult her intelligence by asking her if she knew it was an Imperial :)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:55 AM
Subject: IML: A Nice Surprise Today

Hi Gang~

As usual, I was waiting tables tonight. A mid-60's fellow came in and we started chatting. He asked who owned the Chrysler out back. I immediately corrected him and said it is an Imperial. He looked impressed and said that he knew the difference...Imperial being the "top of the line" (his words). We chatted some more about big old cars while he munched his hamburger.

It was just so nice to talk intelligently about Imperials with someone outside our IML community!

Laurie Carter
'65 Crown Coupe (out back, HIS)
'59 Crown (almost home, MINE)