IML: 67 Back Up Lights

Hi Gang,

In my latest round with Titanic the 67 sedan, I've been having my mechanic sort out 21 years of electrical gremlins. For the first time in 21 years I have a fully functional turn signal switch, and all my brake lights work. I have a working horn after 12 years. So in the entire 21 years I've owned the car the back up lights haven't worked so while we were on a roll I asked him to check into those.... The scoop is there's a lever in the steering column that activates the switch, and the lever is broken (he thinks it can be welded) but we also know the switch is bad. The switch controls the back up lights, and causes the emergency brake release to engage. Also curious as to the availability or fix for the canister/actuator that controls the Emergency Brake Release. As I've replaced mine 3 times with used ones, that have lasted a very short time.

So I'd love to hear everyone's feedback on these items, parts and work arounds.

Leslie - 67 Sedan Titanic
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1967/Leslie/