RE: IML: 1959 Interesting Chrysler Video Clip

RE: IML: 1959 Interesting Chrysler Video Clip

I am about to scan and post the Jan 7 1959
Chrysler/Imperial Times, a rag sent out to
dealerships, I think.  Lots of company news and hype.

I read the subject matter of the video clip with
interest, as I have had the "Times" on my desk for
three days staring me in the face (waiting for me to
scan the darned thing).  It has this very item on the
cover:

Main headline:
Corporation last fall to introduce the 1959 line of
Corporation cars, will have a repeat performance on
Wednesday, January 28 on NBC-TV.  The show, starring
Fred Astaire and Miss Barrie Chase (above in photo),
won the Ninth Annual Look magazine TV Award as the
Best Musical Show of the Year.  The National Audience
Board, composed of leaders of 48 national civic,
religious, and educational institutions, praised the
show.  Imperial and Chrysler will again be in the
Corporation's commercials.

==============================

-Interestingly enough, Look magazine was a significant
recipient of Chrysler/Imperial print advertising
revenue.  The fact that the blurb mentions the show
would repeat may have had more impact to the reader of
the day that did not yet know the term "re-run"?

Later in the same magazine was a far more interesting
"article" about the Chrysler "Seat-O-Rama" that was on
the show circuit, detailing the evolution of auto
seats from plank to the latest, last word in
automotive seating, the Chrysler Swivel Seat.

Seat-O-Rama?  Who thought that one up???

-Kenyon

http://www.ev1.pair.com/colorTV/NBCcolortape-high.html

http://www.ev1.pair.com/colorTV/NBCcolortape-low.html

> > > Best Regards,
> > > Marty Trendler
> > >From the forward look site thanks to Thomas
> Miller

> response will be
> > shared with everyone. Private messages (and
> attachments) for the
> > Administrators should be sent to
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to