IML: Hayes Bodied Coupes

The information they gave is slighly incorrect.  For 1939, Hayes Body Corp supplied Chrysler Corporation with a  total of 1,000 bodies.  Of those, 35 were the Imperial- -called the "Victoria Coupe" (the former San Fernando Valley Region WPC Club President, Jack Pinsker in North Hollywood restored a yellow one along with some other nifty Chrysler products).

Chrysler offered 239 in the Royal and Royal/Windsor line, DeSoto made 264 and the balance of 462 would be assumed to be the Dodge which was named the "Town Coupe."  A couple from Utah who belong to my Registry own one of the Dodges.

Hayes bodies were unique in that they were a close-coupled club coupe with rear seats that folded up below the small window.  When down, the passengers faced one another instead of the front.

Bob

RandalPark@xxxxxxx wrote:

There is an extremely rare Hayes Body 1939 Imperial Coupe on Ebay. Check it out, you may never get a chance to see another one. It says that there were 1,000 made, but I have NEVER seen one. These were more popular in Mercurys around the same time, and those are super rare aslo.

Paul