IML: Imperials & My Saturday

Hola

I got a call from "Squeaky" saying that he had the papers for the 1962 Crown
Coupe that I had just bought from him.  Soo it was off to Pueblo I go.  While
there I installed the new tires that I had dropped off earlier.  ( When I
first saw the car that had not moved since 1975 it still had poly ties from Sears
on it. )  It was good getting down on my hands and knees in the weeded sand
lot.  The room on the drivers side was ample between the Imperial and a seventy
sumthin yellow Cordova, but the drivers side was a little narrow between the
Imperial and the Ford N8 tractor.  I also shot he pivot points on the hood with
some move now lub juice so that I would not buckle the hood.

When I got through with my chores the sell was speaking about his next
project and he produced a photo of a Reo truck with brown/light tan Imperial next to
it.  I wanted to know about the Imperial and after getting directions it was
off I went to East Pueblo.  I found the location of the next Imperial and had
to wait about twenty or so minutes for Larry ( Lievers Enterprises,
1-719-545-3800 ) to get to me.  He took me to a 1963 Crown four door that had the hood
unbolted and the intake manifold missing.  After hearing me out Larry stated
that I needed to speak with Paul who lived on old Hwy 50 about two miles or so
right over there ( pointing southward ).

Since I had told my wife I was headed to the local Pick & Pull ( in Colo Spgs
) I was still OK to be out for a while.

Sooo off to find Paul and his 1962 two door.  I found Paul and his white 1962
Custom two door ( one of 826 ).  The car was stock except for the CB antenna
and the twin in-line carbs from a Chrysler 300 setting over the 413's + 0.030
pistons.

After listening about the '62 Paul showed me his 1954 New Yorker;  a '56 4
door Windsor with the factory power pack ( 331 with 4 bbl and dual exh and 250
emblems on the rear quarter panels ) and then a pair of '55 2 door Windsor's (
a two makes one project ).

And think that I started all of this due to my friend Chris in Denver and I
started out to look at a pair of 1947 Chrysler Royals for him ( which have been
sold ).

Finally it was time for the white '57 Imperial hard top that also had a CB.

                                       Rodger & Gabby
                                       Colo Spgs

'47 De Soto Custom w/Fluid Drive & passenger door mounted swamp cooler
'62 Crown Coupe w/std A/C & Auto-Pilot
'66 Le Baron w/dual A/C & reverbed AM/FM
'70 Overlander - InterNational Dbl
'77 D150 w/360, NP 4 Spd, 12 Bolt Axle, OEM Buckets & etc