IML: Re:Poor old Big Dog and the IML's Vendors policy

IML: Re:Poor old Big Dog and the IML's Vendors policy

Hi,
  The folks on admin had HOPED this would die out but
since it is not , let me take a moment to clarify..
I think Hugh is correct in his conclusions that better
communication would help keep these things from
popping up.

Folks like Bigdog, and Bob Hoffmeister, and Elijah
Scott, and George Laurie, and many others who provide
a WONDERFUL service to all of us by being here and
dealing with out old Imps!

i Remember the pre-internet days and needing parts for
my imps.
IT WAS A DARK TIME!   I would scour hemmings for
someone who would redo my drive shaft carrier bearing.
 It Took YEARS to find a solution to the Horrible
thumping everytime we drove!
Or looking for 14 years for parts (Glass and a top
frame) to put my 66 convert that was hit by a tornado
back together!

NO FUN!

So these folks who are active members may reply
privately  to people who on the list write "i need a
widget for my 66"
If people write the list asking for help, I think it
is quite appropriate that our vendors write back and
offer the part or service!

I see nothing wrong with that and in fact that is what
the admin team has asked them to do.  The reason we
went with that is because we did not want individuals
thinking this is their own list and here for their
promotion.  so we have asked the vendors to make
OCCASIONAL messages to the list that they offer the
services and then when people
post needs, they can communicate off the list so as
not to  flood the IML with messages stating "I have a
widget"   Visit me at Impparts.net 10 times a day.

Also as I HOPE 99.9% of you know these good folks are
all listed at

http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/index.htm

and have been for many years and if the crux of why
the IML was started!
If there are vendor you use who are not listed, by all
means send the name to the IML or the webmonsters
group for inclusion.
So.  Please lets move on and say thank you to Phil and
Bob and Wayne and all the other good folk who are here
everyday helping us keep our imps on the road!
I Also hope that since they are supporting us we are
helping them stay in Business by buying from them.  We
on the webmonsters team received a message yesterday
that Imperial Motors in South carolina who had been a
LONG TIME imperial parts vendor has shut down and sold
off all their cars.
Scary!
 Now there is one less source of parts!
Use em or lose em I fear!

Jeff Ingraham
moderator and webmonster and admin team member and
Glad to drive my 65 lebaron yesterday!