RE: IML: Garage

Here in east Texas (the land of steel buildings - yeeeesh) one of my co-workers decided to build a 5000 sq ft garage using steel building construction. Now mind you folks, his house is only 1800 sq ft. (the man has his priorities, I guess)

But I must say, for a steel structure, the building is very well built. The 40' ceiling comes in handy as he has loft spaces here and there for parts and other storage. There is enough room for a three bay garage, three bays for specific work areas (one with a lift, one with hoses and all the trimmings for detailing, and one for whatever comes to mind) The rest of the space is divided into a small library with an office, a bathroom and a full machine shop (lathe, mill, english wheel, you name it).

I call this structure the Garajj Mahal. Although aesthetically it is far from being an architectural statement, the building is a playground for endless tinkering.

Chris Middlebrook - a guy with 2 gallons of sweet '62 Imperial in a 1 gallon garage space.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com