Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: IML: '57-'66 Imperial wrap around windshield glass, hardtops & convertibles

On Jan 31, 2005, at 7:21 PM, Wm. R. Ulman wrote:

> OK, let me get this right.  '57-'63 Imperial windshield is the same all
> models, EXCEPT Convertible, which had a "bump" at the top for wind
> deflection, or something along those lines.  I had a '60 vert with the
> correct windshield.  Now I have a '66 vert, and you are saying that any
> HARDTOP windshield from '57-'66 will fit correctly?  Did the '64-'66
> convertibles not have their own windshield as in previous years?  No
> "bump"?
> I got a small rock chip in mine, which I was able to have filled, and
> you
> can't even notice it unless you look for it, and stare at it, then you
> can
> see it was filled.  It put me in mind to get a replacement at some
> point,
> but I was under the impression there was still a convertible
> windshield in
> '66, but you could use a hardtop one (or sedan) if need be.
>
> Verification requested, please.

NOPE!

It's easy to make assumptions (I do it all of the time), but I have the
Auto Interchange Systems interchange manual for all Chrysler products
from 1950-65, and it's quite clear on the topic:

ALL 1957-1963 Imperials of every body-style use one, single, specific
windshield.  Compound curved from side-to-side and from top to bottom.
1964-66 Imperials had an entirely different windshield without the
bulge at the top, EXCEPT on the 1964-66 convertibles, which used the
older, compound-curvature windshield from 1957-63.

That's what I said before, but now I'm using the manual to get the
information for y'all.