Re: IML: Cheap is As Cheap Does

Thank God our cars have not been "discovered" by collectors.  Have you seen
the prices increase for Lincolns lately?  Be careful what you wish for, you
just may get it.  Then that $2000 Crown will be sold for $6000 because the
offer will be irresistible, and neither your nephew nor you will ever be
able to afford another Imperial.

I just got offered a show quality '73 triple blue LeBaron coupe with 10k
miles on the engine and trans for $8500.  I'm at least as cheap as the next
guy.  I have bought four Imperials in the last year, none for more than
$1000, but I'm thinking about this one because it's truly stunning.  The
only thing pushing me away from it is I'm holding out for one with a
sunroof.  I hope I can still afford it when I find it.

-- David

                      ChiPieAlandPaula@xxxxxxx
                      ialclub.com                     Subject:  IML: Cheap is As Cheap Does

                      01/29/2005 11:39 PM
                      Please respond to
                      mailing-list

Hello All,
It never ceases to amaze me how an innocent thread can so easily degenerate
into name calling. To begin with, I do not consider myself to be cheap. I
drive my Imperial because I love the car, and it makes me feel good. I
never expected to make a pile of money with it. If money was the object, I
would have a Cadillac or a Packard.
True it costs more to maintain than other cars. But, I am willing to pay
the price for my ride! Generally, I find Imperials to be EXTREMELY
UNDERVALUED. My nephew just bought a one owner 64 Crown in Chicago, for
under $2,000.
The bottom line is that we all have differing opinions about Imperials and
the hobby. But, calling people names accomplishes nothing and just lowers
"our little corner of the world".
                                Allan from Billings, Montana