Re: IML: Why there are so MANY Imperials outside the USA

Re: IML: Why there are so MANY Imperials outside the USA

Yes. at least the Swedes do. Had some Swedish friends who used to come every summer on car buying trips for Imps. They completely take the cars apart and restore them during the long. cold Swedish winters. I have several dozen pictures of a restoration of a 57 Lincoln by Swedes. When the car was finished, they obtained another Lincoln and used the rear half to make a perfect tag along trailer!  These guys take their cars seriously, have lots of money and time. Unfortunately, the Swedish government takes a dim view of all this, not politically correct there, and import fees and taxes have been drastically raised, killing the importation of cars for the most part.
                                                                                    TED