IML: can't find info on transmission overhaul kits. for 59's

IML: can't find info on transmission overhaul kits. for 59's

I have searched high and low and can't find any info about trans kits , I have found some web sites only going back to 62' s what or if any parts interchange? as I should have stated my car doesn't run but I would imagine if it did the trans might not pull in gear, and if it did it would leek fluid. after all she has been sitting and the car has 73k miles on it, ,, I did find info posted by IML members about seal leek's but I need much more than a few seals. I want to do it right the first time .

henry ford <fordsfairlane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
thanks everyone who replied on the pushbutton's im relieved to hear that the warnings were just a myth. now I have a question about my transmission, are the transmissions in a 59 imperial much different than other years, ( any year 727 trans). as I called a local transmission shop today and asked if they could rebuild it , the guy looked it up on his computer and told me he can't get any parts for it and he told me that he can still replace any seal's and O rings in it but he's not sure about the pumps or any thing else, my car has been sitting for what I belive to be 20 years, and I would realy like to find a kit to refreshen the trans and give me years of service. anyone know of a part # and who offers a rebuilt trans?

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?