Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: IML: A not so warm Crown

Joe:  I didn't see any replies to this, but maybe I just missed it.  Thermostats are cheap, so you could always replace yours if there was any question about it, but doubtful that has absolutely anything to do with it.  Even if your thermostat was stuck partially open, your gauge should read something.  If you get hot air and your gauge is reading cold, I would think that it would have to be the gauge or a temperature sending unit, or possibly wiring.  Since I know that your car sat for a long time, it may be reasonable to assume that the mice in the field in which your car sat for a number of years have enjoyed feasting on some of your wiring, but again...I don't know.  I am no mechanic, but seems like that is reasonable.  If not, I am sure that someone will correct me.  I just would doubt that it was your thermostat.

Teresa Smith