RE: IML: Duel Snorkel

Quoting David Whitney <david.whitney@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi, Steve --
>
> The symptom you described could also be due to carburetor settings/metering
> that caused the mixture to be rich at WOT.  In other words, it could be not
> the right amount of air for the amount of gas being sucked through -- it's
> not necessarily evidence of insufficient air flow.  Your stock engine could
> have been overjetted or undermetered.  That's why I said dyno testing.

Your thought, as I understand it, is that the restriction of the air cleaner
caused too rich conditions causing the loss of power.  Good thought, but not
valid.  The engine is not sensitive to how rich the mixture is (as long as you
are not pouring clounds of black smoke).  The difference in torque for a/f
ratio of say 12.5:1 (about right for peak torque) and 11.5:1 (a bit on the rich
side) is tiny.

D^2