The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old Finny
Author: Mope R. Geezer (Show all albums)

I can remember when I was sixteen years old and my dad took me shopping for a new car. That was 1958. We went to Bell-Wyman Motors (now defunct) in Yakima, WA to look at a 1958 Desoto. Man, oh man! I had never seen anything like it. It was beautiful, all that chrome, the fins, pushbuttons, WOW! Well, to my great disappointment, my dad DIDN”T buy it, but I have never forgotten that experience. And I suppose that is part of the motivation I’ve had to own a Mopar finned beauty from that era.
Well, fast-forward to 2019, and I was lucky to find a 1960 Desoto Fireflite, 2 dr. hdtp., which I bought after selling my 1963 Dodge Custom 880. It's a white BEAUTY, which had undergone a ground-up restoration, with 413 cid V-8, PS, PB, 727B Torqueflite push-button transmission, remanufactured red/black/gray upholstery, swivel seats, etc.
I’m just lucky that I now have a wonderful remembrance of the ’58 Desoto my dad never had. Everywhere I go, it seems like I have my own private car shows. When I come out of a store, there are people gathered around Old Finny checking it out. And I never have to worry about someone else showing up at car shows with anything like it. I just love it! It’s GREAT fun!
/s/ FIN FUN
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First6 Photos - Page : [1]

Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First6 Photos - Page : [1]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)