The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

58 Dodge convertible, 56 Plymouth convertible
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - VEHICLESMessage format

RustyNewYorker
Posted 2006-02-24 3:58 PM (#50963)
Subject: 58 Dodge convertible, 56 Plymouth convertible

I just bought this, and it's currently frozen to the ground -

1958 Dodge Custom Royal convertible. 325, TF, PS, PB, padded dash, red and white with black and white interior, crank windows, bench seat, no super rare options that I can see.

Condition: Has sat outside in New York for years. Floors, rockers bad, some body panels may be useable, missing some minor pieces. Top bows show some rot. All convertible parts present. Glass is all good but windshield has some bad scratches from the wiper arms. Fenders may be useable. I would expect the frame to be weak, but this should move in one piece once it thaws out. I have not opened the trunk yet. Everything is straight, no dents/damage. Underhood has never been touched, air cleaner, radiator, generator all on it. So far all I see missing is one knight's crest on the fender, one strip of stainless (and I happen to have the same piece here in the garage somewhere), and the taillight lenses are broken. I wouldn't be surprised if the stainless is just buried under the 2 feet of icy snow though.

No paperwork but I'll fill out NYS MV51 and MV51B for you.

$2500 takes it, either cut apart for you now, or pick up in March/April near Utica NY. Pictures e-mailed on request. It's in basically the same shape as the '58 DeSoto convert I sold a while back - someone will want to fix it.

There is a '56 Plymouth convertible in the same shape I can get also. If someone wants it let me know I will make a deal for it. It's light blue, V8/auto, again no rare options but it seems to be complete. One of the fenders seems to be solid over the headlights, which may be a good sign. I have a photo of it also but you can't see much due to the snow. These are pretty rare - would like to see the same money if possible.

Send me a PM if interested, I don't check these boards super often.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RustyNewYorker
Posted 2006-02-24 4:54 PM (#50965 - in reply to #50963)
Subject: RE: 58 Dodge convertible, 56 Plymouth convertible

I need to make a correction, and even though it has not been 999 minutes since I posted it won't let me.

The Dodge is a Coronet with Spring Special trim and 2-tone, including painted headlight doors, a special trim piece on the deck, and other things. I did not know all of the convertibles and hardtops could have the knight's crest on the fins, and in my excitement to go pay for it I never notced a model badge with a name on it.
RustyNewYorker
Posted 2006-03-01 2:14 AM (#51207 - in reply to #50965)

Looks like this Dodge is sold. '56 Plymouth convert and a '54 convert are both still available.

There are a couple of '58 Plymouth 2dr hardtops, one a Belvedere, I'm bringing a friend up to scoop those, he could use a quick turnover on them so give a holler if you want one - I expect them to be in the same shape as the '57 2dr hardtop I finally junked (I should have waited and took a '58 nose off the wagon that is in here for it). Which means weak frames, weak floors, bad rockers and lower quarters.
RustyNewYorker
Posted 2006-03-09 7:40 PM (#51668 - in reply to #50963)

'58 Dodge is sold, thanks. 56 Plymouth still available.

Fast59desoto should have a bunch of 57-8 Plymouth hardtop stuff, PM him for details.

Edited by RustyNewYorker 2006-03-09 7:42 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)